When attempting to record with the webcam on Lenovo devices, the settings that allow for recording appear to be enabled (highlighted green), but the webcam does not operate after your press the record button.
Instead, an image of a camera with a line through it appears.
Hirenami has access the camera feed, but the computer is blocking the feed itself.
How to fix it
This appears to be a bug with the Lenovo software. Through no fault of the users, the camera has become disabled in your computer's “privacy” settings and needs to be re-enabled.
To re-enable the camera (using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1):
- Press the Windows button to open the start screen
- Type ‘lenovo’ to search for the Lenovo software
- Click on the icon for ‘Lenovo Settings’
- Click on the ‘Normal’ button
- If it’s already set to ‘Normal’ – click ‘Private’, apply the changes, then switch back to ‘Normal’ again and apply the changes.