If you are unable to hear yourself or if your microphone has failed the equipment test, close all other programs that have access to your microphone (Skype, Zoom, etc.) and be sure to make noise during the equipment test.
How to check your microphone settings:
- Click on the Apple icon in the top-left corner and select System Preferences.
- Double-click the Soundicon.
- Select the Inputtab to see your microphone list.
- Select the microphone you wish to use. The Internal microphone is typically used.
- Increase the Input volume by moving the slider to the right while speaking in a normal voice. You can stop moving it to the right when the Input level bars below reach the halfway point.
- If you have more than one microphone, you can disable them by selecting them from the list and moving the sliders all the way to the left.
- Exit your microphone settings and take another practice question.
- If the microphone issues persist, restart your computer and take another practice question.
If restarting your computer doesn't resolve the issue, use another device for your interview.