If you are unable to see yourself or if your webcam has failed the equipment test, close all other programs that have access to your webcam (Skype, Zoom, etc.) and make sure you are in a well-lit area.
How to check your webcam settings:
- Press and hold the Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time.
- A box should open (see below). Enter mscand select OK.
- Another window should open. Double-click on Imaging Devices.
- Right-click on your camera and select Disable.
NOTE: If no camera option appears, there is no webcam installed on your computer.
- In the window that opens, select Yes
- Restart your computer.
- Follow steps 1-3 to access your webcam in Imaging Devices.
- Right-click on your camera and select Enable. Then proceed to a practice question within the interview.
- If you continue experiencing webcam issues, restart your computer then proceed to another practice question.
If this does not resolve your issue, we recommend using Google Chrome or switching to a different device for your interview.